We are pleased to accept your child’s application to The Montessori School. Our school welcomes all children regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, or national origin. Children with special physical, academic, or social challenges will be evaluated for admittance on a case by case basis. Our staff does not have special education certification by the state. It is our goal to provide for each child’s needs as well as the needs of the whole classroom community. Every opportunity and possibility will be considered in making our admission decisions.
Applications are accepted year round. Acceptances are prioritized by sibling preference and date of application with consideration given to age and gender to promote a balanced classroom community. A limited number of three day children will be accepted – with preference given to five day children.
Children may enter at any time during the year as long as space allows. Each child has an orientation phase when they enter. All children go through an orientation process each year as they begin class in September and the new students are acclimated to our school environment.
Student records are considered confidential information and are restricted to the child’s legal parents or guardians. We request your child’s records from their previous school(s), if applicable. Records will only be released to other schools or agencies with a signed written request from a legal parent or guardian and only after all accounts are paid in full.
The complete application process is as follows:
- Call our school and request an application packet (215-295-1170).
- You are welcome to schedule a visit to the school before submitting your application. You may visit by yourself or with your child.
- Mail the signed application along with a $50 non-refundable Application Fee (payable to The Montessori School) to the school.
- You will receive confirmation of the receipt of your application within two weeks.
- You and your child must visit the school before your child will be accepted. All prospective students and their families are invited to make a visit in the spring. This is optional if you have already visited our school.
- Acceptances are done in March and April for the next school year or immediately, at a parent’s request, if space should be available and the child is age-appropriate. Within two weeks of the acceptance of your child, a signed tuition contract and a $150 non-refundable deposit are due to secure a place for your child in our classroom or on the waiting list (if required due to age of child or classroom space limitations). If acceptance is more than six months before the child will begin the school year, the acceptance fee is due on the March 1st before the child’s scheduled entry.
Before a child can enter our classroom, the following paperwork must be complete and on file:
- Tuition Contract
- Family Information Sheet
- Health Form with immunization record
- Records from previous school, if appropriate